Thursday, October 16, 2008
"Fruits" of our labors!
What a busy time of year! It seems like one thing after another! I guess it's "crunch" time to get everything done before the weather turns cold and we start the hibernation process for winter! I have to say , "What would I do without my mother!!" My mom can do pretty much anything! She is amazing! I asked her several weeks ago if she would help me bottle pears (hoping that she would YES)! And of course without any hesitation she said, "I would love to! What day do you want to start!" My mom is so giving of herself and her time! She is such a wonderful example of service!! My mom came and spent the day pealing, packing, and bottling pears with Makell and I. We ended up doing two large batches which I thought would last most of the winter months(with the other bottled fruit) until the kids ate a whole bottle for dinner the next night in a matter of minutes! They LOVED them!! I am thinking they might not last as long as I intended. Maybe there is more bottling in my near future!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
How fun! I want to learn to bottle stuff!!! Maybe we can make a project of it and other fun stuff when we come next month! AAHH!!
Analice, I would have to agree with you, your Mom is the most giving person I know!!!! What FUN memories I have of canning many hours with my Mom & sister also, there memories I will always cherish!!!
How fun. My mom is a canner too. I used to can with her. I loved it. I'm not to good at doing my own. I have done salsa once and it turned out not too good. Way to go!
Awesome job. I love canning I think it's so fun. I think that full shelves, especially ones filled with things that you bottled yourself, is one of the most beautful sights.
Those pears look BEAUTIFUL! Bottling is a lot of work. It's so fun to just look at them afterward in the bottles. There's just a sense of satisfaction when it's all done. Good job!(It's nice that you have a wonderful mom to help.)
The pears look to good to eat! I saw your comment on my blog about kissing on the first date. Well I think he was just dry from being out of the desert for two years and I didn't play hard to get
Post a Comment