Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Do You Like Green Eggs and Ham?

Happy St. Patric's Day! Last week I was reading Green Eggs and Ham to Makell and realized St. Patric's Day was just around the corner. I had a plan! These were their responses when I called them for breakfast this morning!

Kaitlyn: (disgusted) Mom, why is it green? What is it? Do we have to eat that?!
Kourtney: (surprised) It's green eggs and ham! Oh, that looks soooo cool, but I bet it's not going to taste very good!
Makell: (disgusted) Ewwww! I HATE that! I just want cereal!

Kourtney was the only one brave enough at first to even try them. It took a little coaxing and prodding and the other two finally decided they would try it!
Kourtney, Kaitlyn, & Makell, Do you Like Green Eggs and Ham?

After trying it, this was their response!

Kourteny really liked it. She said it didn't taste any different than it normally does.














Kaitlyn liked it until about the fourth bite. I guess the look of it was too much! (It's amazing how a touch of food coloring can make things look so disgusting!)




Makell expressed how gross/sick it was and refused to eat another bite!

I wounder what would happen if I made it again for dinner tonight? Adam........... do you like green eggs and ham;)?

Shhhh! Even though I didn't try them, I think I would have to agree with Makell! The look says it all! Yuk!



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Melissa said...

That is such a cute idea. :) I didn't even think about doing anything this year. I'll have to think of something quick and easy for dinner. Maybe I'll dye the milk green. :)

Mubeen said...

Haha, I agree! Such a fun idea! Your girls are too cute!

The Everyday Housewife said...

What a great mom!! My kids would've reacted the same way to the green eggs! So fun!

Saddie said...

i like your siskel and ebert thumbs up/ thumbs down pictures. levi made us green shamrock pancakes and sausage for breakfast. MUCH more palatable than green eggs, but not quite as cool. how can anything compete with classic dr. suess?

rayndrop said...

you fun mommy, you. i don't even like the regular eggs so there is no way i'd try green eggs!

markrystal said...

That's so festive! Did you pinch Makell for not wearing green or was she wearing green socks?!

the Tonioli's said...

That is so cute! I love reading your blog. Your girls are adorbale and you tell the best stories. I think you are an amazing mom!