Saturday, March 7, 2009

A Visit with "Grammy Texas"!


We have been fortunate to spend a wonderful week with "Grammy Texas"! The kids hoped the week would never end! The last time she was here was about 1 1/2 years ago, so it was a special treat for all of us! Talking on the phone just isn't the same! We missed Grandpa Jim and hope to see him soon! Makell was just a baby the last time we spent any time together. Although the week was pretty much uneventful we did manage to get a few fun events in! On Monday we made a trip to the Draper Temple Open house with lunch afterwords. The kids loved that grandma would jump on the trampoline with them! I think they went on several "bear hunts", which made them giggle and laugh! With Lori hear we also saw a lot of Megan. It was fun staying up late playing games and one night we all went to Jumping Jacks. Since Adam is still recovering with his arm and I hurt my back, Lori and Megan became the big kids! I'm not sure who had more fun:)? Personally I loved staying up late at night and just talking with Lori! It's times like this when I really wished we all lived closer. I want my kids to know their grandparents and have a special bond/relationship with them! It can be hard where we live so far away. I love their visits! I know the girls will remember this forever! I am so grateful for my in-laws! I really think I have the best! When we took Lori to the airport know one wanted her to leave! As we got back to the car Makell expressed that she didn't want Grammy to go:(! All three girls had sad faces. Maybe that means we will have to make a trip to TX in the near future;)!
Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Camille said...

You have such a cute family. I have enjoyed catching up on your family again. How fun to be a mom, isn't it? Take care.

K.D. and Megan said...

What a fun week for you guys... What did you do to your back, do you need anything? Call me and I can help out. I am glad Lori got to visit for a week. We hope Adam is getting better.

Mubeen said...

Such cute, fun pictures!!! Oh, and I totally like the idea of you visiting Texas in the near future! Make it happen, plllllllease!

The Everyday Housewife said...

"Grammy Texas" is awesome! I think I would fly to Texas though. Our drive there last summer still gives me the "heebie jeebies" everytime I think about it!