Thursday, June 11, 2009
Our Adventurous Outing in the Mountains!
I decided that I would be brave and take the kids out hiking by myself yesterday! The original plan was to hike to Devil's Kitchen. I had heard it is amazing and not to terribly hard for the little ones. There is no packing Makell around anymore so we had to find something she could do on her own. After driving up the canyon for quite some time and following a heard of cattle I realized we were only 1/2 way there. After a few little ones started to get car sick we decided to change plans and detoured to the beautiful lake! I am so glad we remembered jackets! With it being overcast it was a little chilly. The lake was beautiful and the girls loved watching the fish jump right out of the water! Sooo cool! I think we know were our next fishing spot will be! There was a walk way that circled the entire lake and it was so enjoyable to soak up nature! We were fortunate to see a doe and the smallest baby fawn ever! Makell loved trying to feed the squirrels sunflower seeds;)! It was wonderful to spend the day doing something a little different! We missed dad and decided we will try the Devil's Kitchen again when he can go with us!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Looks like you girls had fun! What a great mom!!!!
How fun! We live in such a beautiful state! What a great idea to get out in nature. We'll have to try some hiking this summer too.
We went camping there last weekend, the fishing is awesome right now! Have fun!
How fun!!! I wish it was "a little chilly" here!
how fun! and how cool to see fish jumping out of the water!
kourtney is getting so tall. in the picture she looks like she's almost as tall as you. it can't be!
Sounds like such a fun day! Don't you hate the carsick thing! Nyah always starts complaining that she's sick before we leave the driveway!!
Post a Comment