Kourtney turned twelve a few months ago and received her temple recommend to be able to go inside the temple! She has been anticipating this experience for a long time! This was her first opportunity to do baptisms for the dead. Just recently Adam came across three individuals in his family line that still needed temple ordinances performed. Kourtney had the wonderful opportunity to be a proxy for her two great X4 grandmothers and a great X3 aunt. It was such a neat experience! Adam baptized her and I was able to be at the font to watch and help with towels as the confirmations were preformed after. I have always hoped that when I saw my children make choices that would bless their lives and they themselves recognized it, that it would make for special and unforgettable memories! This experience with Kourt was more special than I imagined! I'm sure she doesn't understand the significance now of what she helped her ancestors with, but I know she felt a glimpse of their excitement!
It was such a special evening! One of the temple workers made the comment that he had never seen so many different people bring so many family file names to the temple all at one time. What a wonderful time for so many people! With it being quite busy it gave Adam, Kourtney, and I a lot of time to talk and enjoy the moment! She can't wait to do it again! 

No comments:
Post a Comment