
We had the privilege of going to the Sunday morning session of the LDS General Conference this year. It was amazing! We kept it a surprise from the kids until a few days before. When Adam showed them the tickets they were pretty excited! I loved Kaitlyn's response. "My goal is to see the Prophet and ALL the Apostles. I have seen three of them so far. (pause while thinking) Oh my gosh!! I will get to see ALL of them"! In the past during conference there has always been someone who comments on how neat it would be to actually go.
I will admit that Sunday sessions are my favorite. I love staying in my jammies all day, and just taking it easy. It was quite a different experience this time! The alarm went off at 5:30 a.m. so we all could be ready and out the door by seven. We had to be in our seats by 9:00 a.m. Even though we had a parking pass it was not guaranteed that you would get a spot to park. Even with getting there two hours early, most spots were taken. Lucky for us we found one! As we were exiting the car in the parking garage area a girl around 18 or 19 approached Kaitlyn face to face. Her eyes were as big as silver dollars as almost touching nose to nose said, "Isn't this so exciting"?!!! Kaitlyn said she could even smell her breath. Lol! Ya, a little weird I would say. The girl ran off with scriptures and notebook in hand. It seemed as if she couldn't get there fast enough. Kaitlyn wasn't sure what to think as it totally caught her off guard. The rest of us could only laugh as we watched Kaitlyn's face in confusion and unbelief that someone she didn't know would do that. Lol! The Sunday morning session began with, Music and the Spoken Word. It's a small performance of hymns and a sweet message from the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.
I am always amazed at the power and spirit that is felt when entering the Conference center! It's an amazing experience! Many people commented on Makell as she walked in with her purse, notebook, and temple picture into the conference center. She was so excited! Kourtney and Kaitlyn were the best little note takers. They each had over five pages of notes! I was so impressed! Makell drew the sweetest pictures of the Temple, Pres. Monson, and L. Tom Perry. L Tom Perry is one of her favorites. She had the privilege of shaking his hand and talking with him when he came to our Stake Conference a year ago. That experience must of made a huge impression on her! It was so evident how happy everyone was. Every time I looked over at the girls they had a big smile! I was so grateful that we were able to experience this together! A memory we will never forget!

No comments:
Post a Comment