
While we were in Hurricane, Teresa had the idea to hike to Kanarra Falls with the cousins. I was a little nervous when the temperature read 98 degrees. We don't hike that often as a family, and we never have hiked in that kind of heat! As we started out, Makell and I were holding hands. She looked up at me and wasn't really sure if she could do it. We spaced ourselves away from the others and quickly said a little prayer together that she would be able to do it and also have fun. I quickly said my own prayer that her faith would grow as she exercised her faith. Her prayers were answered as that is all she can talk about now! She really had fun! I must say that it was the most beautiful hike we have ever done! The creek saved us! We followed the creek up and even walked in the creek for most of the way. The water was cold on our feet and legs and made it feel pretty pleasant while hiking. The girls loved every minute of it, especially after we came to the creek! Our goal was to hike to the natural water slide so the kids could enjoy the water! I have heard about the slot canyons before, but have never experienced it. It was better than I had imagined! As you looked up you would then realize you were in the crevices of the canyon. It was so beautiful! I was so impressed with the little kids! Some of them were pretty small and we never heard a complaint. Makell was the first one of our kids to try the water slide. She went down it and completely submerged herself under the water. She was in shock as she popped up out of the ice cold water! It had taken her breath away for a few moments. It didn't stop her as she did it several more times. Adam was also brave as he gave it a try. I decided I would be the official picture taker! I was so glad Adam and Alex came with all of us moms and kids. We relied on their muscles and strength as they helped lift and carry kids up and over the steep rocks and waterfalls. There were times when it got a little scary. As we were heading back home Kaitlyn made the comment that hiking was really fun. I'm so glad they had fun! Just a few days prior, I tried to get everyone to go hiking up the canyon close to where we live. All the kids were not too interested. I think maybe their idea about hiking has changed!

No comments:
Post a Comment