Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Makell's First trip to the Dentist!!!

Well, Makell took her first trip to the dentist yesterday! I was a little nervous about how she would handle it but, she did GREAT!!!! She loved ever minute of it! The dentist and his staff make it so much FUN for the kids! I really think they would go everyday if they could. We all went together and made it a family event! Good news!!! All the kids are still in the NO CAVITY club!! Yay!!! (The kids absolutely LOVE the shark tank when you first walk in!)
Makells first experience in the dental chair. Does she look nervous? Not at all!!! They had several toys she could pick from and hold. She loved the over sized toothbrush!
They let her pick a favorite movie to watch as they checked and cleaned her teeth! Not surprised she picked Dora the Explorer!! They even let Kourtney and Kaitlyn come in after they were done with their own check ups to help work on Makell!! Kaitlyn got to hold the "sucker tube"(don't know the proper name) and suck all the spit out of Makells mouth. She thought that was the greatest thing ever!! Kourtney was able to hold the little mirror and check Makell's teeth. Makell loved it just as much as the other girls! I wont be surprised it they start playing dentist at home!
One thing I really like about the staff is you see the same hygienist every time you go. Makell received a letter in the mail last week from Mary, welcoming her and anxiously waiting her arrival! Mary made it so fun for Makell! The kids left with sacks full of fun dental hygiene items! Makell was able to go to the treasures chest and pick a prize! She is sporting her fancy new pink bracelet! Not to mention the balloons and snacks!! Thanks Dr. Jones and staff for a wonderful first experience!!!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mubeen said...

How fun! Makes me want to go see that dentist! Another reason to move to Utah...;-)

katrina said...

I was just thinking that it was time to take Esperanza to the dentist, and I was a little nervous. It sounds like you have a great dentist.