Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I'm Going There Someday.....

Yesterday we took the kids and went through the open house for the Draper LDS Temple. It was a wonderful experience for our family. The Temple holds a very special place in my heart. Our kids have been anxiously waiting this occasion for several months. Everyday this past week I have been asked if "today" was the day! The temple was absolutely beautiful! There are not enough words to describe it! I think it is one of my new favorites!! I love the calm and peaceful feeling you get when you are there.
As we finished the tour we asked the girls what they thought? They all LOVED it!! Makell said, "I want to go to all the temples!" She also thought that her friend Jackson was going to marry her that day!:o) Kaitlyn had this huge smile on her face and said she didn't have a favorite room. She loved everything about it! She said, "It's sooooo pretty here"! She also said she wanted to come again! Kourtney also had a smile on her face and absolutely LOVED the brides room, sealing room, and the Celestial room. She now can't wait until she turns twelve and has the opportunity to do baptisms for the dead. After the tour we enjoyed refreshments and the many different displays. The Draper LDS Temple is the #12 temple in Utah. We heard several stories as we were waiting of how people had to save money for several months for traveling expenses to be able to attend the temple. Were are so fortunate to have so many of them so close.
This is as we were walking through the "tunnel" to enter the temple. They were almost running! They were so excited and couldn't get there fast enough!
There were three different locations to park and then they had charter buses take you to the temple. As we were on the bus all the kids had their faces pressed up against the windows trying to spot the temple in the distance. Once Makell spotted it she yelled , 'There it is"!!! Do they look excited?!:o) (FYI; If you go, don't sit at the back of the bus:o/!) I love the fact that the open house is not just for members. Anyone can tour this beautiful and remarkable building! They are not "secret" places. They are sacred and a house of the Lord! I loved the opportunity that our family had to go to the temple together! I look forward to the day when they have all grown and we can be there together! I am grateful that Adam and I were married in the temple and we can be an eternal family!
Posted by Picasa

10 comments:

Mubeen said...

How adorable! Tell Makell to wait a few years till she gets married! Your girls are so adorable and you can tell you are doing a wonderful job in raising them! I look up to you guys and hope we can be half the parents you guys are! love you

Melissa said...

I am so excited to take our kids there. I'm sure your girls will remember that day for the rest of their lives. I'm glad they enjoyed it so much & had such a nice & spiritual time. We look up to your example of the importance of the temple so much!

Inspiration Station said...

We were there yesterday too! Wasn't it just beautiful? Such a special experience for us to take our young kids there. They couldn't believe they could actually go in. Great photos of your day!

the Tonioli's said...

I am so glad that you wrote about your sweet experience. Hannah saw your pictures and she is so excited to go to the temple just like "those girls". Do you know if there is an age limit to how old children need to be? If there isn't then do you think I should get a babysitter for Amelia so that we could really enjoy it with Hannah?

The Heaton's said...

Hi Tara! I'm not sure if there is an age limit?. It was a great experience! Hannah will love it! From the time we arrived and then brought back to the church it was about two hours. I guess a little long for the little ones. They ask you to not speak louder than a whisper so with little ones it kind of hard if they start crying. Hope you have a great time!

rebecca said...

I'm going there next week with my girls. Now I'm really excited.
Are we still going to have a Northern Utah Heaton party?

The Heaton's said...

YES!! I think was mentioned sometime in Feb. but I can't remember exactly when? We are for it if everyone else still is?!! Can you remember what we had decided date wise? Who should I call to make plans with so we can make sure it works for everyone?

Richins Family said...

Looks like fun. I wish we could have gone but we don't want to go up to the SNOW! Our trip was awesome. It was such a rush to reel one of those in. Everytime I look at you blog your kids are so cute!

rayndrop said...

I too am thankful that we can become eternal families. I want to take my kids to an open house too. We talk about it so much, it would be nice for them to see one.

The Everyday Housewife said...

Awesome experience! I'm so glad you got to take your kids. Thanks for sharing your experience at the temple.