Kourtney and her class mates have been anxiously awaiting the arrival of their fluffy little feathered friends. Kourtney's teacher brought in an incubator with 20 eggs. They have had the opportunity to watch and track their progress for the past few weeks. After a 24 day waiting period the eggs began to hatch! For the past several days we have had daily updates on the fluffy friends. Kourtney has been begging me to let her take Makell to the school so she could see them first hand. Kaitlyn (as well as the rest of the school) has been seen in the class room on a daily basis. I have to say that Mrs. Shepherd is
such a good sport:)!This experience at school has been really fun for Kourtney. I love the excitement she has as she runs in the house after school to fill us in on how many eggs have hatched. Can you guess what she wants in her Easter basket?
I discovered Kaitlyn is a really good chicken sitter! She wouldn't put them down! Maybe in a few years we will up grade to a larger animal and then on to children:). She loved holding the soft little animals which surprised me some what. Short Story: A few day ago as Kaitlyn was helping me cook dinner, she pulled a few eggs out of the refrigerator and was totally disgusted after she had smelled the egg shells. She said, "Mom, did you know eggs smell totally disgusting! How exactly do chickens lay eggs"? Before anything came out of my mouth I looked over at her and she had the most disgusted look on her face. I asked her what was wrong? She said, " I think I just figured it out! Eggs come from chickens butts don't they?! How gross and disgusting!!!!!! I am never eating or touching another egg again"! (one of her favorite things for breakfast is scrambled eggs! lol!!)
Makell was a little hesitant at first. After she touched it with her finger and realized it wouldn't hurt her she was all for holding one! We even found out that you can hold a chick upside down by it's tiny little leg and not cause any trauma to it(oops)! She is now asking for one in her Easter basket as well. I think I will send this discussion Adam's way!

5 comments:
The chicks are so cute when they are so little... I am glad Kourtney had a fun time watching them.. Kaitlyn makes me laugh, she is such a funny girl. I am wondering if the Easter Bunny will be leaving little chicks at your hosue.
my kids would totally love that too. how fun for kourtney and her class. (her teacher MUST be a good sport.)
has anything more come up about the eggs? is kaitlyn still eating them?
Awww, that is sooo cute! You should totally put a stuffed chick in each of their baskets. As for Kaitlyn's comment: HAHAHA! That girl sure does think of the funniest things to say! But I agree! EGGS STINK!
What a fun experience for your girls! Now you'll have to get your own chickens. I bet that's a fun thought.
What a fun school experiment! I love it! Makes me want to check into incubating our own chicks. That is so neat Kourtney got her braces off too. I bet she loves being able to eat what she wants now.
Post a Comment