Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Laugh Till it Hurts!

One of our favorite family activities is finding a good book and reading it together. We just recently finished Chickens in the Headlights by Matthew Buckley which is now one of our all time favorites! We started this book a few weeks ago and found out that after only one chapter we didn't want to put it down! The girls looked forward to it every night before bed! The story is about a family raising seven boys and their summer adventures! Our first initial thought was maybe our girls would see what life would be like with a house full of brothers. More than that, it brought back many memories from mine and Adam's childhood! This book is absolutely hilarious! I think Adam and I probably enjoyed it even more than the girls! We found ourselves laughing till our stomachs hurt and tears rolling down our cheeks!


"The purpose of reading to your child should be for the opportunity of mother, father, and child sharing time, sound, and delight with one another".
Elliott D. Landau




Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Saddie said...

Yeah for story time! My dad used to read Patrick McManus to himself, but would always have to start reading aloud as his titters turned to guffaws turned to tears of mirth. There's nothing like laughing together (not at one another) to bring a family closer! Well, maybe crying together, but that's not as fun ;o)

Melissa said...

That sounds like a great book. I'll have to read it with my kids. I love how focused Makell is while your reading. They are so cute!

Inspiration Station said...

There is nothing better than cuddling up with your kids and a great book! I love that quote you posted at the end. Great memories for your family!

Mubeen said...

We love storytime at our home as well! I'll have to check that book out. These are moments your girls will remember and cherish forever :)