We were so glad we were able to spend some time with Jim and Lori! The girls were on a "grandparent high" all week! Where Adam's family live out of state the girls only get to see their grandparents a couple times of year, if that. Adam and I tease saying that our children are like glue from the time everyone arrives till the time they leave! Kourtney and Jim had many battleship competitions, Kaitlyn taught everyone how to play Mexican Train with domino's (darn....don't have any pictures), and of course every one's favorite, baseball in the backyard! We love playing baseball as a family so with a few more players we could actually have "real" teams! There were a few mishaps that turned into lots of giggling and laughing! Kaitlyn about took grandpa out with a solid line drive up the middle! Thank goodness it was a plastic ball;)! Kourtney and Lori demonstrated their competitiveness on first base to see who could get the ball and reach the base the fastest:)! Makell went six for six with her at bats:)! Megan almost had a double play against Adam! It was a lot of fun!
A few days later we headed to the mountains! Many years ago Lori would bring her kids to this particular place which has become a favorite for all of us! It was absolutely beautiful! I think we could have stayed there for days! We were surrounded by beautiful wild flowers and the view was amazing! It was so peaceful and quiet. Adam thought it was quite funny to throw rocks up ahead (since we were in bear country) so it sounded like we were some animals next meal. Adam showed the girls how you know if someones loves you with flower petals. The girls loved exploring and seeing the beauty of nature! It was so nice to spend time with each other! I hope they visit again soon so we can do it all over again!
Wednesday, July 29, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
I loved it when my grandpa & grandma came to visit us. I loved spending extra time with them and building better relationships. That's nice they were able to stay for a while and that you all had such a great time.
I am glad you had a good visit with them. It was nice to see them on the 24th. It looks like your summer has been lots of fun. I am not ready for school to start, but oh well it will be here before I know it.
Such cute, fun pictures! I love the girls' haircuts!! How fun!!!
Post a Comment