Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of School!

I was not ready to send these girls back to school! I feel like the summer went by way to fast and school is starting a week earlier than normal. It makes me reflect back when Adam and I were just starting our family and several people told us, " Make sure you enjoy those babies while they are young because it goes by extremely fast"! Wow...were they ever right! Kourtney starts Fifth Grade this year! She was so excited which didn't surprise us since she has always loved and enjoyed school. She has her first male teacher (Mr. Scoubes)and is really excited about it. We meet him yesterday and in a short time he had figured out how to make her laugh! I think it will be a great year for her!
Kaitlyn starts Second Grade this year. It seem like it was last year I was taking this little girl and dropping her off at pre-school! Really.... where does the time go? I think Kaitlyn was more excited to see and play with friends than actually starting school work. She has a teacher (Mrs. Page) that makes learning really fun! I also think this will be a really good year for Kaitlyn as well!

As for Makell and I we are sure going to miss Kourtney and Kaitlyn! I am making progress! I was able to hold back the tears dropping them off at school! Still teary eyed but no tears:)! I am really excited to have one-on-one time with Makell. She will be doing pre-school but it will not start for a few more weeks.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

The Everyday Housewife said...

Such cut pix! I know you and Makell are going to have so much fun together. The years I had alone with Carson are priceless!

Mubeen said...

Gosh, the girls are growing so fast and becoming such beautiful young ladies!! We sure do miss them!