Tuesday, September 22, 2009

May Cause Trauma to Your Child!

I had no idea that Stuart Little could cause so much trauma to a child! I was in the middle of folding laundry and Makell asked if she could watch a movie. As we were scrolling through the movies and trying to decide, we came across Stuart Little (1). I told her that it was a cute movie about a little mouse and she would absolutely love it! She was all for it! She was sitting there taking it all in! Later during the movie I went upstairs to gather another load of laundry when I heard a high pitched SCREAM coming from down stairs. My first thought was she had some how gotten hurt. I dropped my basket and ran down stairs to asked her what was wrong? She was sitting in the chair with bright red flushed cheeks and tears streaming down her face. She looked at me and said, " I HATE THOSE STUPID DUMB CATS! I JUST HATE THOSE STUPID STUPID DUMB CATS! THEY ARE MEAN TO STUART! THEY ARE GOING TO EAT HIM"! At that moment it was comical in a way. Then I thought , Oh now what had I done! I was a little shocked at the language(STUPID) my three year old kept blurting out and repeating over and over! It hadn't even crossed my mind how traumatizing a "herd" of cats chasing a little mouse could be. I felt terrible because I was the one that told her she would love it! I picked her up and held her and explained it was a "pretend" movie. As I was holding her it all clicked! This girl is an animal lover! She finds animals everywhere we go. She loves going with grandma and grandpa to visit "Molly" the dog and new kittens at the farm!
Later that night Adam asked her if she wanted to watch Stuart Little with him and she told him NO WAY! I HATE THAT MOVIE, but I will watch Stuart Little 2 with you:)! I wonder how long it will take for us to get over that one?!
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mubeen said...

LOL, I'm still laughing about it.... such pure, innocent minds they have.

Lori Wagley said...

She has such a tender heart! Sorry she had that experience. Reminds me of Krystal's response to ET. She was terrified after the first few scenes!