Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve!

I can not believe that Christmas is HERE! The house is full of excitement and not only from the little ones;)! Santa left gifts on the front porch in preparation for Christmas morning! New pajamas! This is one of their favorite traditions! This year we decided to do things a little different. Earlier in the month I had read some fantastic Christmas Stories! I had an idea that maybe I would include them into our Christmas Eve since the girls LOVE reading stories together. I read a story from my sister-in-law Janette called the Dime. For me it was a tear jerker and really portrayed the true meaning of Christmas. I read the story to everyone and gave them a red rose and dime and asked them to think about what they would have done. Adam read another story to us called, The Best Christmas Ever! It was quite a long story but sooooo good and the kids sat there so still & quite listening (even Makell). It helped us all feel the Christmas spirit so strongly! After the stories the girls prepared to reenact the nativity. As Kourtney and Kaitlyn gathered and put props together Makell crawled onto my lap and fell asleep in a matter of seconds! I guess all the excitement wore her right out. As Dad read the story from the scriptures Kourtney and Kaitlyn played the rolls of all and had many costume changes. Even with a lack of people they loved it! Finally it was time to leave a snack for Santa and the reindeer. Some how Makell heard and got a second wind. They decided to leave a different kind of snack(dirty snowballs) for Santa with milk & carrots for the reindeer!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mubeen said...

Cute cute cute! I love the idea of Santa leaving a present in preparation for Christmas. I just give them their pj's from mommy :o) Love the pic of Makell passed out.