Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Happy Birthday Dad!



We decided to surprise Adam/dad with a card and balloons at work today for his birthday! The girls decorated a huge card and wrote down 38 things they love about their dad! Some of the things they wrote down were so funny and others extremely sweet. One of my favorite reasons Makell chose was, "I love my dad because he smells good!" I agree Makell! After watching and hearing them list the things they loved about Adam, it made me even more grateful for the dad Adam is. Some of the things they listed why they loved him was: because he protects us, he gives us blessings, and reads scriptures with us. They were grateful for the priesthood he holds. I was surprised that these were some of the first things they wrote down. It made me realize that these things are extremely important to them, even at such a young age. Adam loves teasing the girls with a big hairy hug after he gets out of the shower. He thought they absolutely hated it! Interesting that they listed that as one of the things they loved about him! Adam had no idea we were coming. After swimming lessons, we ran by home to get the card and balloons and headed for the office. We surprised him and took him to lunch. With a little enticing, we ended up at one of the girls favorite places!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

You are both such great parents! I love reading your blog and all the fun things you do with your girls.

Mubeen said...

So so so sweet! The funny thing is that I am planning on doing something VERY similar to that for Caleb's upcoming birthday. I got the idea from my awesome sister-in-law who did it for me for my birthday :) Glad you had a great birthday, Adam!