Friday, June 18, 2010

The Newest Addition!

After several months of the girls asking for a puppy, dad finally caved! Friday night we told the girls that we were going for a ride because I hadn't been out of the house in almost two weeks with my ankle, and I needed to get out of the house. We drove to Draper and pulled up in front of a house. The girls all asked what we were doing? Adam turned around and told them that since they had been really good, he knew that they were responsible and ready to take care of a puppy! He said, "We are here to pick out a puppy." I snapped this picture as Adam was telling them, and they were ecstatic!




This is right after they decided which puppy to take home. There were a few different puppies that the girls could choose from. They chose the puppy with the more mellow disposition. When the girls would reach down to pet him, he would fall at their feet and roll over so he could get a good belly scratch.




I think the girls had to pinch themselves many times on the way home to make sure the situation was real, and that their dad was not playing some kind of mean joke on them! They couldn't stop smiling! While we were driving home, everyone was trying to decide what to name him. I began to shout out names of road signs as we passed by. I heard many responses like, "no way!", "I don't like that!", and "he doesn't look like one of those." So, as we passed the Harley Davidson building I shouted out the name Harley. Everyone loved it! We were thinking it was going to be much more difficult for them to all agree on a name than that!



Kourtney and Kaitlyn ran into the store with Adam on the way home to get some dog food. Makell was on cloud nine as it was her turn to "babysit" Harley while they ran into the store. She checked the basket several times to make sure he hadn't had an accident.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Melissa said...

That is so fun! I think it's neat you let the girls help pick out the dog. I love the picture of Makell & Harley! He is such a cute dog!

Mubeen said...

What a sweet puppy!! Your girls are sooo excited, it's soo obvious! Can't wait to meet H squared!