Friday, October 22, 2010

Apples to Applesauce

So I tried something new this year! I made homemade applesauce for the first time ever!



We had several bags of apples that we had picked from our tree, and I wasn't sure what exactly to do with them. After talking to a friend, she inspired me to try it! I can't believe how easy it was! This will now be a yearly thing for me. My kids love applesauce and I love using it as a substitute!
One of my good friends suggested a few of us get together and spend the day making applesauce. I was amazed at what four ladies can do! By the end of the day we had done over 60 quarts!


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Mubeen said...

Nice!! Did it turn out yummy? Madyson made some applesauce at school yesterday. She thought it was so cool! I'll have to learn from the both of you ;)

SHeaton said...

Wow, they look so good!