Friday, May 13, 2011
San Antonio LDS Temple
We were fortunate to be fairly close to the San Antonio LDS Temple. When I was flying in, I thought I could see it from my plane window. I love the fact that no matter where you are, the temples can bee seen, even in an airplane, hundreds of miles away! After Adam's classes on Friday, we left and drove to the temple. We have wanted to do an endowment session there for a very long time and I was so excited that the opportunity finally arose! There are some amazing stories that are shared or told about the stained glass windows in this particular temple. I read about them and watched a program and wanted to see it for myself. I even asked some of the temple workers and they verified the stories! It is now my new favorite! It is one of the most beautiful places! I felt things that I have never felt before! Absolutely amazing! If you ever have the chance or opportunity to go, you need to! When we arrived we realized we should have called and put our name on a list because they only have a certain number of seats available. Lucky for us they had three seats opened and it wasn't going to be a problem. The temple is only open a few days a week and they only have three session times. We realized how lucky or "spoiled" we are to have the Provo Temple so close and are able to get into a session every twenty minutes. I realized what a small place the world really is. As I a was sitting in the temple a young lady came and sat by me. We started whispering back and forth and she said she over heard us say we were from Utah. She asked me what part of Utah we were from and quickly found out she lived in Spanish Fork before she was married and her parents still live there. Crazy. The temple was my favorite part of the trip! Nothing better than spending the evening at the temple with your hunny! I will add the link about the amazing story with the temples stained glass!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
I hope to go to that Temple with you one day! Girls trip?? :)
Post a Comment