I took my last trip as a Mother Helper to the Zoo with my Kindergartner! I have had the privilege of going with each of our girls, and I have to say it was a bitter sweet moment. I guess it is the realization that my kids are growing up fast! I'm not a real fan of the zoo. I don't enjoy the constant smell of animal poo and watching animals do nothing more than sleep. Are the animals ever awake and full of energy? Maybe I just happen to go on the days they are resting and taking life easy. Some of the day's events are not particularly ones that I want to remember! It never fails that every elementary school has the same idea on the same day. Hundreds of kids everywhere and they all look the the same to me! Each adult helper was assigned to be in charge of four kids. I just happened to get one that loved running off and getting lost! After getting lost twice, I "threatened" to take him back to the bus where he could spend the rest of the day. I ended up holding his sweaty little hand practically the whole day! I haven't had a stressful day like that in a very long time! I was pared up with another Mother Helper. Wouldn't you know...after looking at the giraffes, we noticed one of her little boys was missing. After frantically looking around we noticed this small boy on the INSIDE the coyote exhibit! Talk about panic and have to change your shorts! The both of us were hollering at him to get out and trying to figure out how in the world he got in there? He quickly slipped back through the tiniest gap at the edge of the fence. I kept saying to myself throughout the day, "If that was my kid, I would ...!" The realization of how AWESOME our kids are was very prevalent that day! Makell kept asking me why the kids wouldn't stay with us? If I only had an answer for her. There were many positives throughout the day! I loved spending the day with Makell and being able to see her excitement with the zoo. Makell and I had the opportunity to have a picnic lunch with our friends! Not too long after we arrived home Makell crashed! She was so worn out that she fell asleep on my bedroom floor. Trust me... I needed a nap too!
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment