
Last night we "attempted" to plant our yearly garden! Yay! I say attempt because if you have small children you will totally understand! They get so excited about putting seeds in the ground and how quickly they forget that there is a system and prep work that is needed first. Adam spent part of Saturday roto-tilling and leveling the ground so we could start our planting Monday evening. We let each of the girls plant some of their favorite vegetables!! Their seeds consisted of carrots, radishes,cucumbers, zucchini, green beans, tomatoes, and peppers! If we can grow vegetables like we seem to grow ROCKS, it should be fabulous!!!
After such hard work the girls decided they needed a break! We absolutely love making new memories together as a family!! More than anything else, it's about spending time together!! I remember my childhood and how most of it centered around doing things as a family. Those times are what I remember most and love reflecting back on. As our children grow older, I hope they will remember these times spent together!! I love to watch my children interacting with one another beside just playing. There is such a wonderful feeling of satisfaction and accomplishment when we do "projects" together!! I am so grateful for them and their willingness to participate and help each other!!
I am surprised the finished product looks as well as it does. We had a few "miss hap's" along the way (mixing seeds,stepping on plants, and playing in the water)!! I have to admit that those are the things that made us laugh and things we will always remember!!! I guess time will tell how productive our "little" garden will be!!




1 comment:
How fun!! I have to make one comment:
Did those "mugs" that the girls have cost $40?! I have to ask cuz my brother-in-law, believe it or not, bought one for about that much! Crazy, isn't he?! lol ;-)
Love you guys.
Post a Comment