Wednesday, July 15, 2009

East Zion!


Saturday we headed up to East Zion and spent the day with family, playing games, hiking, and dutch oven! The drive through Zions National Park was absolutely beautiful! Adam and I figured the last time we were there was when Kourtney was just a baby. It is so peaceful, quiet, and COOL! We even had a few little rain showers. Grandpa would come up here on a regular basis when he was running cattle on the mountain and made it such a nice place. Shawn spoiled all of us with his magnificent dutch oven skills! The food was soooo good! Shawn has a potato and secret chicken rub mixture of 14 herbs and spices, oh wait I mean 23 or was it 16 that was to die for;)! lol! We were so glad Rayn and Gene came with their kids! They always make it so much fun with lots of laughter! We wished we lived closer so we could hang out more often! Maria also came and brought Kim's two nephews with her(cutest boys ever)! Maria directed the kids in playing capture the flag! The boys also climbed trees while the girls made fairy houses! A few of us adults and Asher went on a small hike;)! Shawn, Adam, and Gene took care of the fire with only a few singed hairs! LOL! I think the kid came out in Adam as he thoroughly enjoyed playing the part of "Smokey the Bear". After we cleaned and loaded everything up we all jumped in the back of grandpa's truck and headed back down the mountain! Fun times spent on East Zion!
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Nicole said...

It looks like you guys have had a lot of fun lately! Alex and I have been wanting to go camping up at East Zion now for about as long as we've been married and we've never made it up. Your post has inspired me...now we've GOT to go! =)

Saddie said...

I'm with Nicole... I've heard about this elusive "East Zion" for four years now, and this is the first glimpse I've caught of it. Thanks for the pics. I'm glad you had fun.

Mubeen said...

I already told you this but I'M SO JEALOUS!!! :o( Awesome pictures!! Man, right about now, I sure do feel left out....boo hoo!

Mandy said...

Analice- You are so good at updating your blog! I love reading about your families adventures! I need to be better, and you are my inspiration! We still need to get together for lunch sometime. Actually during the summer, I have Friday's off, so if you ever have a minute, let me know!

rayndrop said...

we had a lot of fun with you guys too. we always love when you come down. the kids always get along so well. and so do the adults, if i do say so myself! the potatoes were my favorite!! (we did a repeat of them with gene's family just this last weekend.) i love that picture of all of us in the back of the truck! good times. i wish i had taken the camera.