Friday, April 30, 2010

We Did It!






Yeah! We did it! We finished reading the Book Of Mormon as a family! As you can see, it has been a very busy month for us! I can't even put into words how much this has blessed our lives! We are not exactly sure when we started this challenge, but it was before some of our children could read. As Adam and I were reminiscing, we think it has been over a three year process. At the beginning of the new year, we made a goal as a family to finish reading the Book of Mormon before Kaitlyn was baptised! We all agreed that if we finished we would have a party to celebrate! The girls chose cake and ice cream sundaes for the reward! I am so proud of the girls and their willingness to participate. It has been amazing to watch the girls ask questions and see their testimonies grow! As I look back over the past few years, it is evident that the power of this book has pulled us through some challenging trials. It is obvious as you look throughout the world that the family is under great attack. The adversary is doing everything he can to destroy our Creators most important possession (the family)! This process has definitely brought each of us closer together. As we were completing the book, Moroni gives a challenge to anyone who reads this book. In Moroni 10:3-5 he says:


"When ye shall receive these things, I would exhort you, that ye would ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Christ, if these things are not true; and if ye will ask with a sincere heart, with real intent, having faith in Christ, he will manifest the truth of it unto you, by the power of the Holy Ghost."


We challenged our girls to prove Moroni's promise through prayer before they went to bed that night. Adam and I talked to each of them the next morning, and it was amazing what each one said.


As members of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints we believe that this book is another witness of the truths taught by ancient prophets, and our Savior Jesus Christ. We believe that this book was restored for our day and purpose. We are told that if we follow the teachings which are written, that this book will draw us closer to God more than any other book. We also believe that this book is the keystone of our religion.



I know this book to be true. I have taken Moroni's challenge for myself, and have had the undeniable witness that this book is true! I know our Heavenly Father knows each one of us on an individual basis and we do draw closer to him as we study and are obedient to his teachings.





Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Mubeen said...

CONGRATS, CONGRATS, CONGRATS!!! You guys are our inspiration. We read the BOM but not as regularly as we should. I am determined to accomplish what you guys did with my family. Such fun pictures!!