Adam and I were definitely not thinking our Christmas morning was going to start off as early as it did! At 2 a.m. I heard two whispering
voices: "Mom...Mom? Can we go see if we have presents to open? Was I dreaming? Nope! My response was, "ABSOLUTELY NOT! Are you kidding me!", and sent them off to bed! The next time was 4:04 a.m. when I heard those same whispering voices. Okay, could I possibly be dreaming this time? Once again... Nope! Kaitlyn informed us that she had tickles in her tummy that just wouldn't go away and prevented her from falling asleep. Adam told them they had to wait till 6:00 a.m. So for the next hour and forty five minutes, I laid there with my eyes closed listening to their quiet excitement and anticipation! I remember those same butterflies when I was a kid. The kids had a fabulous morning! Makell had a perma-grin all morning long! They were excited that Santa didn't forget Harley, as he left him a nice bone that he had devoured by the end of the day. After opening gifts, they spent the day playing the Wii that Santa left! It amazes me that it takes weeks to prepare, but only minutes for it to be unwrapped and over! :) By the time 9:00 a.m. rolled around, I was ready for a nap! :) I love the magic and excitement Christmas morning brings! Around noon, we all met up at Grammy greats house for lunch and visiting. The kids loved hearing what Santa had left them. A few of the kids and cousins played Twister Hoopla! You have to be pretty flexible and coordinated to win that game! Grandpa and Grandma spoiled everyone! A day full of fun that we didn't want to end!
voices: "Mom...Mom? Can we go see if we have presents to open? Was I dreaming? Nope! My response was, "ABSOLUTELY NOT! Are you kidding me!", and sent them off to bed! The next time was 4:04 a.m. when I heard those same whispering voices. Okay, could I possibly be dreaming this time? Once again... Nope! Kaitlyn informed us that she had tickles in her tummy that just wouldn't go away and prevented her from falling asleep. Adam told them they had to wait till 6:00 a.m. So for the next hour and forty five minutes, I laid there with my eyes closed listening to their quiet excitement and anticipation! I remember those same butterflies when I was a kid. The kids had a fabulous morning! Makell had a perma-grin all morning long! They were excited that Santa didn't forget Harley, as he left him a nice bone that he had devoured by the end of the day. After opening gifts, they spent the day playing the Wii that Santa left! It amazes me that it takes weeks to prepare, but only minutes for it to be unwrapped and over! :) By the time 9:00 a.m. rolled around, I was ready for a nap! :) I love the magic and excitement Christmas morning brings! Around noon, we all met up at Grammy greats house for lunch and visiting. The kids loved hearing what Santa had left them. A few of the kids and cousins played Twister Hoopla! You have to be pretty flexible and coordinated to win that game! Grandpa and Grandma spoiled everyone! A day full of fun that we didn't want to end!

1 comment:
How fun and such cute pictures! YAY for Twister Hoopla! We are SO playing next time we come!
Post a Comment