Friday, October 21, 2011

Halloween Cruise

   Fall break was coming up and I wanted to make sure we did a few fun things as a family. I had heard about a Halloween Cruise down the Provo River and thought the kids might enjoy that! I jumped online to check it out and  to see how much tickets were. After calling and speaking with a lady, she said the cost was $8 per person. I guess after a long pause from me (thinking that was a little steep) she proceeded to tell me that they do offer a cheaper family pass , but don't advertise it. What...why? I decided it would be something different for us to do and purchased tickets.
   Anyone 12 and under were required to wear life jackets for safety reasons. When we boarded the boat, we could see the one hundred jack-O-lanterns lining the river, Halloween lights strung back and forth across the water, and dark silhouettes displayed in a house on the hill. Towards the end of our ride, we heard a loud yell from across the bank of the river. Directly behind us, a pirate swung out over the water and dropped into the river. He climbed into his boat and came after us! The kids were wondering what was going on.  As he climbed up and boarded our boat, he started passing out Halloween candy! He told a few funny pirate jokes and then left. The captain of our boat retold the story of Sleepy Hallow and the Headless Horseman as we slowly floated down the river. The ride was not as long as I was expecting it to be. Makell liked it a lot more than Kourtney and Kaitlyn, but it was a fun evening.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Inspiration Station said...

We thought about going and then saw the price. Score that you even called and gotten a cheaper pass for the family!

Mubeen said...

What a fun concept!!! Love it!