We started our Christmas Eve by watching the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional that was being rebroadcast. I love listening to their messages! We read the story called the Christmas Apron. We all loved it as it depicted the true meaning of Christmas. After that, dad read the Christmas story from the scriptures while the girls dressed up and reenacted it. I love their "homeade" costumes as they had no help putting them together. I thought Kaitlyn (aka Mary) depicted quite well how Mary must have felt that very night. I tend to think Mary's donkey probably felt very similar to Kaitlyn's stick horse. I'm sure Mary also felt extremely uncomfortable being great with child, feeling as if she would pop, just as Kaitlyn looked! I'm sure their facial expression were similar too. :) I love this part of Christmas Eve, as we have made it a family tradition! Saturday, December 25, 2010
Christmas Eve!
We started our Christmas Eve by watching the First Presidency's Christmas Devotional that was being rebroadcast. I love listening to their messages! We read the story called the Christmas Apron. We all loved it as it depicted the true meaning of Christmas. After that, dad read the Christmas story from the scriptures while the girls dressed up and reenacted it. I love their "homeade" costumes as they had no help putting them together. I thought Kaitlyn (aka Mary) depicted quite well how Mary must have felt that very night. I tend to think Mary's donkey probably felt very similar to Kaitlyn's stick horse. I'm sure Mary also felt extremely uncomfortable being great with child, feeling as if she would pop, just as Kaitlyn looked! I'm sure their facial expression were similar too. :) I love this part of Christmas Eve, as we have made it a family tradition!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
SO CUTE!!! We miss you guys soo much! One year, I hope we can spend Christmas together!
So fun to read about your Christmas. What wonderful traditions you are creating for you kids!
Post a Comment