For Spring Break this year we decided to take our first 22 hour road trip to Texas. I have to say, preparing to leave made me worried. The longest road trip we have been on was 11 1/2 hours. This was practically double! I wasn't quite sure how the girls would handle it! Adam told me he was more worried about me than the girls. I wasn't quite sure what to think about that! We decided that we wanted to stop at every state line and snap a quick family picture! I was so glad that we did this! It broke up the ride and gave us many things to laugh about! This first picture of all of us was taken at 4:30 a.m. (in Utah) right before we loaded in the car to head out!
State line in Colorado. It was absolutely freezing! There were ice pellets hitting us from the side. I would love to know what the people that passed by were thinking? We received strange looks and a few horn honks! :)
New Mexico state line. We were literally in the middle of no where! This is the state we spent most of our day driving in. I was so anxious to see green grass and green trees!
Finally after 14 1/2 hours in the car, we made it to the Texas state line! We were getting closer! We still had 7 more hours in the car before me made it to our final destination. I was amazed at how well the kids traveled! It might have been a long drive, but it was a drive we will never forget! I have to say there are perks about driving instead of flying. For one, it is much cheaper! Also, the time spent together can never be done the same on an airplane. We had so much fun playing games, telling stories, and just being silly. We have many memories from this road trip we will never forget!
Saturday, April 9, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment