Saturday, June 16, 2012

Youth Conference

 
Posted by Picasa
I was so fortunate to go with Kourt and our Young Women to Youth Conference this year!  Normally the Beehive's don't get to participate because they are not fourteen years of age.  This year was an exception!  Our ward challenged the youth to really get involved in genealogy work.  They wanted each youth to bring a family name that they had found on family search that needed ordinances done.  We had several activities centered around this, and it was amazing to see the success that came over a few months of hard work and dedication!  The beehives were invited to participate in the Manti Temple trip to do baptisms.  We had forty-four youth attend the temple and they brought 154 ancestor names with them!  Totally amazing!  Kourtney took seven names with her.  One of the females was a great aunt she had met seven or eight years prior at a family reunion.  She was not a member of the church.  Kourtney had a great experience and I was so blessed to be there to witness it!  I love my calling as a counselor in the YW! I get to see these young ladies do amazing things!   

No comments: